“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.”
― Maya Angelou, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
Your business is so much more than the products and services you sell, and the world needs to experience that to really feel connected to you.
Instagram has made it possible for you to tell your story in ways that are far more creative and personal than ever before, and all without overwhelming your audience with a non-stop barrage of posts all day long.
Instagram Rewrites the Story
Instagram Stories are daily slideshows that invite people to experience your day right along with you.
Stories are found at the top of your Instagram home screen, they last for 24 hours, and you can keep adding to the story at any time, all day long. You can see who viewed your Stories at the bottom of the screen, giving you unique insights into your Instagram community.
More than just static images, Stories allow you to incorporate short videos, and add creative flourishes to images with text, drawing tools, face filters, and of course, fun stickers!
When you see a rainbow around the profile picture of someone you follow, that means they have a new Story to share.
HOT OFF THE PRESS! – Instagram has just added Insights to Stories! You can now see how people are viewing your Stories on each individual clip. Now more than ever you can see how people engage with you and your Stories in real time, how often, and what they’re looking at.
Tell Your Story
Let’s break it down simply, so you can dive right in:
1. Go to your Instagram Home Screen and swipe left in your Feed. You can also quickly launch Stories by selecting the camera icon on the top left.
2. Just like with your camera app, tap the circle button at the bottom of the screen to take photos, or tap and hold to record a video.
3. You can edit photos or videos with text or add drawings by tapping the pen icon. There are three types of pens, the third one makes your sketch look like a neon sign.
4. Tap Done to save your Story, then tap the Add Your Story button to share it.
5. Voila, you just told your Story!
Tricks of the Trade
Save your story for later, or send it directly to a friend; add your location to connect with others in the area; go hands free, or create a Selfie Sticker.
There are all sorts of tricks in using Instagram Stories for your business to help make your Story STAND OUT amongst all the others, build your brand, drive traffic, and increase engagement.
Connect with 802Social on Instagram to learn more.
Tell Your Story with Style! Contact us today, and get your story moving.
Stories are Social